There are also a number of OHS challenges within the education sector including:
- increased numbers of contractors and or temporary staff
- public access to the facilities
- the variety of scope within various workplaces
- and a history of decentralised management of OHS duties.
Steps to Safety has experience across the following:
School OHS including government and non-government, primary, secondary, mainstream and specialist schools; University OHS, TAFE college OHS and community education facilities and Library OHS and Museum OHS.
While Children’s Services can include:
- Child Care Centre OHS
- Kindergarten OHS
Steps to Safety are experienced in managing risk within the Education sector, with focus on high risk areas including:
- Manual Handling
- Slips, trips and falls
- Work related stress
- Playground safety
- Machinery and Equipment
- Working with people who be aggressive / unpredictable
Contact us at Steps to Safety, to learn more about mitigating risks and hazards within the Education and Child Care sectors.